View Single Post
Anonymous57363

Default Jan 24, 2019 at 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayAlex View Post
Bumping up my own thread I responded to her unexpected Christmas card with one of my own. I included a note where I told her how I had learned a lo about the disorder over the year and that my cell phone number & Facebook page are the same.

That was over a month ago now. There has been no change with us sadly. Are there any insights as to why she made an effort to reach out in the first place?
Hi JayAlex. I see why the dynamic would be confusing and sad for you. I think it may be helpful to take things at face value here. She pulled back. Sent a short note and didn't reply to yours. I would leave her be at this point. If she wants to contact you, she knows how to reach you. You may or may not hear from her again...may want to prepare yourself for the latter possible outcome.

I think for you to try to read her mind or evaluate her actions could burn your energy without giving you any peace or insight. What about you? How are you doing? Do you have a support network to help when you are depressed...other more steady friends to talk with? Peace to you
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
AspiringAuthor, Bill3, Iloivar, MickeyCheeky