View Single Post
Anonymous57363
Anonymous57363 has no updates. Edit

Default Jan 24, 2019 at 02:19 AM

I don't believe in karma. I believe that people who do their best to be positive and good toward others are more likely to live peacefully...they aren't carrying anger or bitterness around...which is better for health...they aren't engaging in harmful behaviors which may cause more harmful behaviors when people respond to them. People who do their best to harm others or willfully disregard others' feelings/boundaries are less likely to find peace. That's a different concept from karma. If you don't have peace, it may be helpful to ask: 'what would bring me peace?' (big or small) as opposed to 'why don't I have peace' etc

I grew up in a highly dysfunctional family with an abusive parent and another who wasn't much better. This caused me a great deal of suffering in childhood. I was a young child...I didn't choose my family...I didn't do anything to deserve two horrible parents. Who we are born to is a crapshoot. No karma there. That's just one example. There are times in life when I feel it is really important to say "I have no earthly idea why this happened to me, I may never know and I'm not going to spend too much time on the why...instead I'm going to focus on possible options for dealing with this."

That said, I am sorry you are struggling WishfulThinker. You deserve peace. I hope you find it in the future
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote