Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2011
314 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 24, 2019 at 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysChanging2 View Post
I wish we that someone unaffected by this disorder would write a review to get a normy’s opinion like if they learned anything. Can anyone find one?

I don’t have AE here.
It would be interesting to hear what the average person with little or no knowledge of the disorder thinks of the show.I don't think it's an accurate portrayal of the average person with DID though so I'm not sure it would be helpful.

I think the show would be better if it was a documentary,where she's just followed around and filmed in her daily life rather than her talking to the camera.It would be better if it was about DID in general rather than just about her.

I think the average person would learn more if it focused on what life was like up until her diagnosis and on the changes made and benefits of therapy. I think there's a huge difference in accepting the diagnosis and embracing it. It's a mental illness not something to flaunt,which she seems to be doing.I think that's what bugs me most about the show,that it's made to seem so cool and fun and interesting when in reality no mental illness is that way and it just adds reasons for people to be skeptical and think it's not a serious disorder or even real.
Betty_Banana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
amandalouise, MickeyCheeky, MtnTime2896

Thanks for this!
amandalouise, MickeyCheeky, MtnTime2896