View Single Post
CelestialFlame

Member Since Nov 2017
9 hugs
given
Default Jan 24, 2019 at 09:52 AM

This is a long one. My family has always been a bit weird in the socialization aspect...or pretty much every aspect. There are five of us: a mother, father, sister, brother, and I. We are unusually close to one another and all live in the same house. I live in the basement because I hate being so close to other people constantly. We all have some form of mental illness except mother. My father, sister, and brother all have bipolar personality disorder. My sister and father have anxiety levels that are off the charts. My brother and sister have depression. My brother and I have adhd. My sister and I have ocd. I have schizoid personality disorder. My father, mother, and sister are all extremely empathetic while my brother and I are mostly stoic and apathetic. We’re a strange and wild bunch. All of us are introverts and only go socializaing maybe once or twice a month. My mother and brother work while I stay home and take care of my sister (who has health problems) and the 2 dogs, cat, and birds we own, as well as cleaning the house. My mother only goes out to grocery shop and work mostly while my father only leaves to bring my sister to doctors appointments and PT (multiple times a week). I never leave the house except for dog training sessions or when my mother requests it. My point with all of this information is that I am in the presence of my family members everyday and I am completely different from them which makes it difficult for both myself and the rest of my family to understand one another. There are arguments almost everyday about our differing opinions and perspectives and one of us always storms off. For some reason though, none of us want to leave? We are all adamant about staying close to the family and I can honestly say that I’ve formed an emotional connection with these four people that I live with, even if it is a small one. We may have our many differences but they are still my family and although we all tend to disagree with one another, at the end of the day we realize that we are different from one another and that’s alright. We may not understand but we do accept. I ranted and I’m not sure what this was really about but I’ve written too much to change my mind and delete this. So here ya go.