CelestialFlame

CelestialFlame The end is only the beginning

5 yr Member
9 hugs
given
Default Jan 24, 2019 at 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by here today View Post
So, if you can, it might be worthwhile to see if you can get out socially a little bit more, to find some people with similar interests outside your family.
Well that’s the thing. I’ve tried doing that and it works for a little while. I used to like hiking and would go out to battlefields and hike with groups of people. I used to go out with friends from school whether it was to their house or for food. I got bored at home so I tried going to college for a bit and that probably lasted the longest because my family wanted me to get out of the house more often. The problem with doing these things is that I lose interest in them very fast. I do it maybe a couple times and then all of a sudden I just don’t care anymore and I move onto something else or just go back to doing nothing. The longest I ever had a hobby would be a couple months and I’ve had a lot of them for sure. Most of the time it’s something I suddenly find extremely intriguing but I always lose interest after a bit. It’s like I’m overtaken with boredom and I’m completely fine with living my life like that because it’s what I’ve always been doing and I’ve had time to adapt to picking up and dropping things quickly. My therapist used to tell me it was a mixture of my adhd and my spd that causes me to have this habit. I don’t need socialization or intimate relationships or something to do in order to feel happy with my life. I suppose I could be happier but im not sad or anything either. I simply am. Nowadays I stay home and do little things. I’ve taken up creative writing so we will see how long that lasts.