Magnate

Member Since Oct 2017
78 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 24, 2019 at 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.J. View Post
I have Raynaud's that's connected to nerve damage caused by my Dysautonomia, and Vyvanse definitely made it worse.

My feet and hands are pretty much permanently cold and numb, but while taking Vyvanse you could visually see the blood flow problem in my hands. At one point, on my left hand, two of my fingers were white and numb and the rest were red and hot. The color and sensation was so different and frightening I almost went to the ER.

I told my psychiatrist about it and she ended up switching me to Concerta. I don't like Concerta nearly as much as Vyvanse, but apparently that sideeffect can cause a lot of issues with people with existing Rhynauds.

Have you talked to your prescribing doctor about this?
I saw my psychiatrist this morning and he did mention it could be the Adderall or propranolol (blood pressure med often prescribed for anxiety, I have it for anxiety). He said to mention it to my rheumatologist (fibromyalgia). My next rheumatology appt. isn't until early March, and by then, winter will be a thing of the past here. But if it keeps staying cold I might have to go in and see her earlier. I want to be able to put it off though. My husband started a new job Jan. 1 and his new insurance doesn't kick in until he has worked there 60 days. COBRA was too expensive, so we have a high deductible just in case plan temporarily and pretty much are paying full cost for doctor's visits.

Seroquel, Cymbalta, , propanolol, buspirone, Trazodone, gabapentin, omeperazole

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
--Robert Frost
Blueberrybook is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky