Legendary

Member Since Jan 2018
21.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 24, 2019 at 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaina View Post

...I just have a lot of underlying huge fear that I will never get out of such a slump and no one knows how to help and that i have to try various strong meds and will never be ok again etc.. ever since I have bad phases this fear shows up. Living an independent life full of freedom is my number one priority so I guess this is where the anxiety that this.could be taken from me comes from.
And sometimes I also fear that my brain is so messed up from taking lexapro on and off that it has forgotten how to be in balance...I should stay away from online horror stories!
My doctors and therapist have all said the brain can recover so well.
I hope that it is a good sign that I can still work and concentrate (and speak English..I am German..)

which means my brain is still somewhat intact.

I wish I could deal with these fears and better trust myself and therefore not panick as much when I am in a depressive phase.

Rambling on...thanks for reading.

Yes, I can certainly understand those fears and worries, for sure. Hang in there, though, there is a good chance you'll come through it. The reason I say that is because I've read posts by people on this site and other sites, stating that they've made a recovery from depression & anxiety and now they feel happier[!] Can you believe that? But apparently it's true, yes. So, Madelaina, there is hope for you - I do believe that.

I myself still struggle with depression and anxiety but that doesn't mean everybody has to. One 'tool' I use to cope, though, is mindfulness. Have you heard of it? I've found it to be a good way to help me get through the day. There is a lot of information on the internet about it.

Hey, it'll be okay, Madelaina, don't you worry. Sending out good vibes to you.
mote.of.soul is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Madelaina, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky