Magnate
guilloche has no updates.

8 yr Member
2,704 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 24, 2019 at 05:11 PM

Hi Koru Kiwi,

I was just stopping by to post an update, because I did my first training session today (and have no one in "real life" to talk to about it).

re: The set - I've got a U-Wiz (so it's only 2-channel, no HEG) amplifier and bioexplorer. I also have the "Innertube" game (rocket ship navigating through tunnels), as they recommended that, although I believe I can do audio-only training (and maybe some other games?) with Bioexplorer. I didn't order BX Shadow (which lets you train by watching movies) because, all in all, getting everything (plus supervision, QEEG, etc) was pretty expensive and I didn't think I needed that one too (though I may have a trial version installed, I'm not sure).

Apparently, they set most people up with the same protocol to start, about 20 minutes of C4-A1. It's supposed to be really gentle, and they only do 20 minutes so that you can see how sensitive you are. The trainer that did my introduction told me that they usually move people up to 30 minutes. For now, she said not to do more than every other day, but again depending on how I react, I may be able to do daily (if I want to).

I was SO INCREDIBLY stressed/anxious about getting it all set up. So, having it work was exciting and cool, but also a huge relief.

Not sure yet how I feel (this was all this afternoon). My neck was weirdly a little sore, and my earlobes hurt from the electrodes (I think I can fix this by moving them to the tops of my ears). But, after training, I laid down... and my body, everything below my neck, felt SO relaxed. It's not as noticeable standing up and moving around, but it was like that kind of relaxed you feeling you get after a massage. So that was nice.

Anyway, I'm mostly excited and hopeful at this point! I listed my goals (for now) on my training sheet as sleep/energy (I tend to be tired all the time, I wake up tired, and often feel like I'm losing consciousness in the middle of the afternoon), then anxiety and depression. It seems like a good place to start.

The provider did tell me that he'll tend to believe me (re: symptoms) rather than the QEEG, and that I should think about what I want to work on, because there's a lot that you can affect with the neurofeedback.

The whole thing is very, very cool.

What kind of equipment do you have? And, what types of games/feedback are you using? I did "Innertube" today, and it was mostly what I expected (rocket stuttering, moving forward, stopping) - but every once in a while something odd would happen. Like, once my rocket totally missed the little mark it's supposed to hit, and had to spin around to tap it, then get back on the path. A couple times I seemed to run in to the walls, but not enough to seem like it was a normal action. Not sure if it's just noise, or how it's deciding what to do.

Thanks!
guilloche is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
koru_kiwi