View Single Post
mote.of.soul
Legendary

Member Since Jan 2018
21.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 24, 2019 at 09:07 PM

Thanks very much, Madelaina. Much appreciated!

Regarding the 'depression and anxiety':

Quote:
...So I wonder if this is just a term that English native speakers use because depression often has anxiety with it, or do people more use it when they have really both diagnosis?
Just a thought because I noticed people often not only say they have depression (which is enough as it is) but also say anxiety - which again, to me, is more like a symptom and would be like listing "i have depression and loss of appetite, and insomnia and low mood".
I'm not sure if it is a term used only by English speakers, Madelaina, but I think some people may say 'depression & anxiety' together, because they have either been diagnosed with one or both of those things or because they may simply feel that those two things are problems in their lives - regardless of a diagnosis. That's my opinion. Me, personally, I've been diagnosed with both and usually mention them together because, for me, like you, one is giving rise to the other. But for me my social anxiety is coming first which then hammers me psychologically and forms the depression. That's what I observe in myself.

Yes, same here: I prefer the mindfulness over CBT as well - though I can't help but try to utilize CBT tactics when struggling - grasping at everything, so to speak.

Yes, I feel your struggles and frustrations as well, Madelaina, and I wish I had an all-encompassing answer for us all (((Hugs!))). But I think just carry on trying to remain positive and keep the mind open to anything that may help. [I know it's not a suggested thing but I even smoke a few cigarettes to alleviate me. I don't care.]

Peace & love!
mote.of.soul is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Madelaina, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky