guilloche
Magnate
guilloche has no updates.

8 yr Member
2,704 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 24, 2019 at 09:32 PM

Ooh, and Koru_Kiwi (or anyone else who wants to chime in) - I had two other thoughts about neurofeedback, and I'm curious what others think.

1. The whole concept of neurofeedback, and the fact that it's been to show to work (at least some times, for some people) - means are brains think they can control the world.

What I mean is, if I didn't know that this worked, I wouldn't expect it to. Our brainwaves are invisible, they're not something that we consciously make (unlike, say an expression, like a "smile"), and afaik there is nothing in the world that actually reacts to our brainwaves (other than neurofeedback). There is no biological/evolutionary reason why our brains would be able to connect the feedback we're seeing with the brainwaves we're making, and change their functioning to get better feedback. It's sort of crazy, when you think about it, isn't it?!?!

Or am I missing something? Because to me, it looks like our brains, somehow, are set up to *think* they can control things in our environment. It boggles my mind a little!

2. I'm a highly anxious, very high strung person. If this works, I'm hoping I'll be a little more relaxed, chilled out, and "go with the flow". Not so chronically stressed by every little thing... We know that stress has all kinds of negative health effects. So, if this does what I hope it does, it could literally be "life saving" not just in terms of emotions, but in terms of physical health too. That's so cool to me!

Just random stuff I'm pondering tonight. I'm actually a little tiny bit fuzzy... like my head feels weird, it's not a full-blown headache, but it's not really all focused and together either. Not sure if it's the training, or something else. And my neck is still killing me. But, it's really nice to feel hopeful!

Take care!
guilloche is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote