View Single Post
MaggieRose

Member Since Jan 2019
Default Jan 25, 2019 at 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by healingme4me View Post
If he's willing to explore therapy, I'd recommend a more holistic or generalized approach, if he's asking for your recommendations of course. Yes, he has a mom that drinks, at the same time the focus needs to be on himself and any types of behaviors that are troublesome to himself. The other *aha* moments will eventually fall into place.
I'm trying to think how to explain this. I, personally as an adult, returned back to therapy wanting to work on my anxiety types of reactions-catastrophizing, learning boundaries etc despite knowing that I was struggling with my marriage and also wanting to adjust things in my relationship with my mom. One skill built upon the other. Then I could step back and see where my reactions/feelings/emotiins etc were coming from.

Yeah, I hear you. I think that's a good idea, actually. At this stage, I guess anything wold help him as he's pretty badly damaged (his words, not mine). In the meantime, I will try to be a good friend to him when I have time (since I can't over-invest, given that he's just not ready for anything more at this point in time...).
Have a good weekend! And thanks for the response.
MaggieRose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
healingme4me