Thread: Empathy
View Single Post
Spiderhamis

Member Since Jan 2019
26 hugs
given
Default Jan 25, 2019 at 06:39 AM

Oh, feelings are so complicated. The person who is feeling something might not even know why they are feeling that way. It's sure confusing.
And there is this massive weight when you get overwhelmed by someone else's emotion and you can't see why they are reacting like that. Or why it's so strong emotion.
For me it's not annoyance, for me it causes fear. When I see my mom angry by some little thing I don't understand, I usually get scared and flee away before I'm filled with her anger. Or when she cried over a little thing, I got sad too and scared 'cause I didn't undestand why she was sad.

I don't know. Maybe it's easier when you stop thinking the reasons. Like you just see someone getting overly angry by a little thing and think: ''Okay let them be.'' No..? I don't really know anything that could help. I wish I could come up with something but I guess leaving or ignoring people just works the best. It's a bad solution though. Maybe the problem is not that we don't understand, but that we can't cope with our/their strong emotions???

Hope you got something out of this... nonsense?

Hugs
Spiderhamis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, mote.of.soul