Grand Poohbah

Member Since Apr 2015
1,667 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 25, 2019 at 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberrybook View Post
Lucy, I love listening to music too. What type of music do you like to listen to? I have a lot of music on iTunes (back from the time period when people actually bought physical CDs, I'm feeling ancient), also songs I got cheaper on Amazon when I had a very simplified Samsung Walkman mp3 music player. It was a project putting all the CD music onto iTunes (which combined my collection with my husband's collection before we got married). The Amazon music does translate to iTunes, but I didn't do it when I bought it because iTunes always runs SO slow on my computer, and I didn't even have a smartphone then. Now, I've got an iPhone (a couple really, because I've dropped a few and cracked them, but one still works, it just doesn't have service but will play music when I run and even MapMyRun or MapMyWalk. It's got Bluetooth, but I'm unsure if phones without cell service can get GPS data (if anyone knows about the GPS thing, I'd love to know). They are both old iPhones and refurbished, a 5S and a 5C, I think though they are pretty much alike except we paid more for my one with service to have extra memory (I have had to promise I will not take this phone running or walking to H as I've destroyed so many exercising). But to be fair, I once fried one of those Sony Walkman mp3 players by dropping it into a public toilet by accident (don't ask). I did not fix it out. Figured it was finished as it wasn't waterproof, but those cost less than smartphones, at least back in the day. I am still working on getting the older Amazon mp3s onto iTunes, especially the songs I really like. I'll want to put a song on my phone and then think, wait, haven't I bought that already? A computer search will reveal I have it with Amazon mp3s. Sometimes iTunes will take and translate several mp3s at once and sometimes not; my iTunes is really volatile if you didn't buy the song directly from the iTunes store; I don't know, maybe everyone's is that way. Plus, my computer has a bug that causes it to randomly freeze (not just on iTunes though more on iTunes than anything else), and it then requires a hard re-boot, which is a pain. But I like to change up my playlists a lot, so I spend a lot of time working on that?

Do you have Netflix or Amazon Prime, Vudu, any shows you can binge watch or maybe people have channels on YouTube (I know some are free with commercials or the shows broken up) they can suggest?

I like to play simple games on my iPad when I get feeling the way you are, no energy to do much. Do you have a tablet? I will download free games for color-by-number or cross-stitch (cross-stitch world is a fun one). They will give you a certain number of pictures for free, then you have to buy or redo the old pictures. You will get some credit for doing new pics, but not redoing the old. But they do give you some of their cash daily for logging in, and every Wednesday, they post a free code on cross-stitch world community on Facebook for a free picture, plus you can make one pic of your own daily & accept one from a friend (though they are smaller pics and give hardly any credit when done). But when I get to that point, I just find a new similar game (I like word games like Tile Twist too), download it, play the free puzzles, then remove it if I need the storage space on my tablet and find a new simple game requiring little thinking to play. Often, I listen to music while playing those games or the TV. I like true crime stuff, so often I watch Investigation Discovery. Really, I like mostly like listening to shows that are narrated, so you don't have to pay 100% attention to the TV. I will watch the history channel or Science channel, whatever has some narration going on and a topic that interests me a bit.
Lately my music choices have changed and I'm using Spotify and got the Premium, free for the first month. I lately like the lighter sounds. Used to listen to loud rock no roll but my nerves can't handle it lately. I like all sorts of music. I like to try new kinds. I discovered Indie and like that a lot. I like folk and instrumentals, too.

I don't have Netflix any longer because I think I watched many/most of the longer seasons shows and now seems like all they have is shows with 1 season and I've watched them and waited for new seasons and they don't have them yet. I'll try Netflix again in the future when they have more seasons. I love ID channel and watching the murder mysteries. Only thing is that if I watch them too much I start getting paranoid about strangers! LOL You never know what people are up to in this world.

I don't have a tablet and mostly us my desktop pc and also my smartphone by wifi as it's not in service. I have another smaller smart phone for emergencies I keep in my purse charged, hopefully..

Sounds like you do lots of interesting things to keep yourself occupied.

Medications: Risperidone-1 mg.daily, Propranolol-20 mg. daily, Gabapentin-600 mg daily, Melatonin-3 mg. at bedtime, Nicotine Lozenges-2 mg., Vape Liquid-3 mg., One A Day Vitamins,