View Single Post
MickeyCheeky
Legendary

Member Since Jun 2016
38.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 25, 2019 at 08:10 AM

I know what you mean, CelestialFlame. I agree with healing4me that perhaps you don't necessarely agree with the reasons why they're feeling a certain way, or simply feeling like they're overreacting. I think empathy can only work to a certain extent. Even if you can relate to the emotions of another person, you're still not in that person's shoes, so you can't completely understand how they truly feel. Or maybe you can, but only up to a certain point. You have an external point of view, after all, and emotions are never fully rational, so some things may seem illogical to you. There's nothing wrong with that. I believe it happens to all of us. I'd still suggest to show empathy for the person you're talking to, even if you don't agree or understand their reasoning. Sometimes we just need someone to listen to us, without judging. I think that could help a lot of people. Feel free to PM me anytime. I'm always availabe if you need to talk. Wish you good luck! Let us know how it goes. Sending many hugs to you
MickeyCheeky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote