Legendary

Member Since Jan 2018
21.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 25, 2019 at 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestialFlame View Post
...Is there such a thing as feeling emotions but not understanding them? It’s not a bother for me in a great sense but it is a small annoyance that I feel these floating emotions and am constantly confused by them. I have Schizoid Personality Disorder and know that people with that have trouble with empathy if that helps...

Yes, I think there is such a thing. Actually, I think most people have experienced peoples reactions/emotions and not quite understood why the person feels the way they do. I put it down to not everyone being on the same page psychologically, that there are some general differences between peoples mindsets, and unless you're one of those people, perhaps you'll never fully understand them. For example, look at the differences between the right and left politically - both sides think they're correct and both sides think the other is wrong, so to speak. But for me, the empathy can arise when I consider that, differences aside, all people, [animals too], suffer in their own ways, just want happiness, love, acceptance and all have goodness in them, etc - just like you yourself.

But life is difficult and I think it's a good question you've asked.
mote.of.soul is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
CelestialFlame