View Single Post
pat86

Member Since Apr 2018
Default Jan 25, 2019 at 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AspiringAuthor View Post
A tiny dose of Topamax worked like magic for this. For me it is also a chemical issue and I am also not into CBT or journalling.

12.5 of Topamax (which I started taking to ameliorate weight gain from Zyprexa, my main bipolar med) softened these thoughts a lot.

25 mg of Topamax erased them altogether.

And come to think about it, it makes sense - if a common side effect of Topamax is that it slows down thoughts, causes an occasional word recall problem, then it would only be logical that it would stop racing thoughts. If my problem is thinking that is too fast, I need a medication that slows it down.

I did not expect this effect - it was sudden and welcome. I also started losing some of the weight I had gained on Zyprexa.

Stillness and calm, yay.

Originally Topamax is an anticonvulsant, so you do not have any counter-indications for it.

My only regret is that I had not started it years ago.
I have thought about this medication to counter the weight gain I got from Seroquel.

I will ask my doctor about it perhaps I can kill two birds with one stone.

Only issue is I saw some people claiming it cause them to not be able to formulate their thoughts into words. Kind of made them stupid with mental slowness.
pat86 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote