Thread: Oldest sister
View Single Post
Lolanne

Member Since Jan 2019
4 hugs
given
Confused Jan 25, 2019 at 03:31 PM

Hi all, I have two older sisters in their 60s, and the oldest one is in a real situation. My other sister & brother, and i, have tried to help her over the years, but she just won't take any responsibility for herself. We're all worried about what might happen with her in the future

She and her bf of nearly 25 years (they are not married) had a son who is now 22. All 3 live together in an apartment, and none of them work (the father is on disability, sister gets minimal SSecurity, and their kid refuses to work). The father drinks and smokes pot with the kid, and they go to rock concerts and wrestling shows on a regular basis. They usually sleep until noon or later each day and party all nite.

My sister has only held one or two jobs in her lifetime. She refused to get a job while raising the kid, but finally did get work after the father evicted her and the kid a few years ago. The 2 lived in a hotel room for one summer, and then somehow, ended up going back to live with the father. He has turned into a sadist, and he and the son treat my sister terribly. She physically looks terrible, and her mental health is all but gone. She has nowhere else to live (none of us siblings are able to take care of her) and she really can't sustain herself on her own.

My other sister lived in a homeless shelter for a bit, years ago, due to a domestic abuse situation. She believes that our older sister should go into a shelter or counseling center as well, where she can get the help she needs. Our trouble is, getting her to agree to go. I really think she wants to believe that her situation isn't that bad, although she constantly talks about how badly they treat her and that she needs to leave--but doesn't. From reading about Cluster B & C personalities online, my sister appears to have elements of narcissism, borderline, and avoidant issues. Ugh.

Any advice? I sure would appreciate it.
Lolanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Skeezyks