View Single Post
BonsaiGuy

Member Since Jan 2019
193 hugs
given
Default Jan 25, 2019 at 05:13 PM

I have been chronically underweight for quite some time. On top of my drug addiction and mental issues, I also had Hepatitis C. This caused my weight to plummet at a pretty alarming rate. My wife and I were really worried.

I was a participant in a medication study and actually was able to be healed of this disease and my weight rebounded, I got clean and began eating better.

Now, I am a little alarmed at how much weight I am actually putting back on. It isn't so much what I see on the scale. My wife and doctors are very very happy with it. To be honest, I am too. I fell really healthy.

However, this morning I realized the majority of my pants don't fit. I used to have the outlook of "eating is a chore". This then evolved to "great, I like food again, I am glad to have my appetite back. I'll eat whatever I want". Now I am getting worried that the weight gain will continue.

I gained 40lbs in 6 months of being sober and Hep-C free. It's been a wonderful experience, but now how do I pause the gain. I am pushing 180 and feel like I am at the ideal weight.

Any ideas?

Dx: Bi-Polar II, PTSD, ADHD, SUD
Rx: Methadone 100mg, Lamictal 300mg, Abilify 10mg, Buspar 40mg, Clonadine 0.3mg, Trazodone 50mg, Nexium 20mg, Allegra 180mg
BonsaiGuy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Skeezyks