View Single Post
kimberlym
kimberlym has no updates.

5 yr Member
Default Jan 25, 2019 at 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnip123 View Post
I am a woman who was diagnosed with Asperger's when I was 49 (seven years ago). I started reading every book I could find about Asperger's and found The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome by Tony Atwood to be very helpful. You can buy it on Amazon.

It described Asperger's very thoroughly and often explained how things might be different for girls and women.

I've found some books on related topics to be very helpful also. Please let me know if you'd like that information.

I'll be happy to help you out if you have any questions that you think I might be able to answer.
I appreciate your feedback @catnip123. I am 52 now, and never considered that my strangeness could have been related to autism until this very past year. It's relevant to me that we are not so far apart in age. When I was a child, no one ever sought treatment for psychological things. It just wasn't done. I haven't read any books on it, just yet, but I have seen several that I would like to. And thank-you, for your input on that as well. All my research has been limited to internet information so far, Ted Talks, YouTube, and really anything I could locate, blogs and whatnot. I never thought about autism, for myself until now, because every profile I had ever seen had been for men, and I gather their experiences are much different than for women, and where women attempt to assimilate into society by being chameleons, especially for high-functioning autism, if what I'm researching is correct.
kimberlym is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote