View Single Post
kimberlym

Member Since Jan 2019
Default Jan 25, 2019 at 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
My sister is 27 and was diagnosed with Aspergers when she was 3-before it was a thing. Now it all falls under Autism spectrum disorder. I may need to read up on it more but she was always a little "boy crazy" bouncing from BF to BF. I hesitate to link this to the disorder though because I do not want to generalize something in too much of a subjective way.
I appreciate your feedback sarahsweets. Any intimate relationships have been a challenge for me, whether they were women friends or male boyfriends/one husband. I'm too old now to consider "boy-crazy", in the scheme of things. I have been in a committed relationship for the last 9 years of my life. The interesting thing is that person also has a mental health diagnosis, my partner. And we seem to just "get" each other. We have never legally married. I was done after my one and only divorce in 1996 to an alcoholic and physically abusive man. When I was younger, it was very difficult to maintain any personal relationships with friends or partners. I don't have any close friends at all. In my history, many people have attempted to take advantage of my kindness, and I eventually learned how to stand up for myself and let toxic relationships go. But that took a really long time for me as a 52-year old person now.
kimberlym is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote