Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2014
589 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 25, 2019 at 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnester View Post
I wonder about your mood because I have been on many and I mean many psych meds and I have never heard of the medications you are taking. If you want to sleep Invega works well but it is kind of dangerous.

Tianeptine is a rare AD that works different from the rest, actually it is not known how it works and therefore, it is not approved in many countries. Its chemical structure is tricyclic but it doesn't act like a tricyclic AD. In france it has been used since 80s. Where I live it was approved around 5 years ago.

Nortriptyline is a tricyclic AD, an old one, the active metabolite of amitriptyline. It is well known. Less sedating than most of tricyclic AD.

I cannot take most of AD and AP since I am a really poor CYP2D6 metabolizer. Most of AD (except bupropion and tianeptine) and AP (except, as far as I remember, clozapine and amisulpride that is easily excreted through urine without being metabolized) are cleared from the body mainly through that enzyme in the liver and then excreted through urine.
I have tried a lot of SSRI, SNRI and AP and I always ended up intoxicated.

Meds: bye bye meds
CPTSD and some sort of depression and weird perceptions

"Outwardly: dumbly, I shamble about, a thing that could never have been known as human, a
thing whose shape is so alien a travesty that humanity becomes more obscene for the vague resemblance."
I have no mouth and I must scream -Harlan Ellison-
OliverB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
seeker33