Grand Member

Member Since Apr 2017
409 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 25, 2019 at 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyjay View Post
We will never get there if we have to wait for full knowledge, cooperation and communication with every alter either. I don't think she means that (I hope not!). But she says we need much more than what we currently have before we start processing trauma so that we can remain safe. I asked her when we will be able to start trauma processing a couple weeks ago and she responded that that is a way away yet, we have lots of things to work on first.

I am concerned that this is going to take a very, very long time. I would rather be done with it more quickly.
Good Luck to you. Yes, I would be quite anxious. Luckily for me, we started processing the accident shortly after I started. We never did complete the accident doing EMDR because it kept leading back to childhood stuff. One thing led to another and now I just want to complete one set of traumas from college. Childhood stuff is going to be a nightmare. I can't believe we have been working more than a year on the college issues. Unfortunately that is starting to lead back to childhood too. I hate it all.

I was hoping someone had other suggestions to get through all of this without EMDR which for me is taking FOREVER.
zoiecat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky