View Single Post
Michael W. Harris

Member Since Nov 2016
130 hugs
given
Default Jan 25, 2019 at 11:27 PM

What I am trying to explain with this post is this: Whether it is significant others or bosses, the people in your life need to know about the amnesia/memory loss. Then they can help document the switching process, aka the memory loss.

What irritates me is that mental health professionals try to claim that this mental illness is rare. Early childhood abuse and trauma is not rare! It is extremely common, unfortunately. Also memory problems in humans is not rare! We know that old people have it and it is common in old people. Educating the public that young people can have memory loss and memory problems is important and also would advance the treatment of mental illness.

Again it is mental health professionals job to heal their patients as fast as possible. Or, if at this time it is not possible to cure the mental illness, then it is the mental health professional's job to improve the quality of life of their patients in any way they can as fast as possible.

The old Freudian psycho-analysis technique of dragging out therapy as long as possible is not acceptable in this modern age. It is actually a business fraud issue which I am trying to educate lawyers about.
Michael W. Harris is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky