AspiringAuthor
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2017
374 hugs
given
Default Jan 26, 2019 at 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat86 View Post
I have thought about this medication to counter the weight gain I got from Seroquel.

I will ask my doctor about it perhaps I can kill two birds with one stone.

Only issue is I saw some people claiming it cause them to not be able to formulate their thoughts into words. Kind of made them stupid with mental slowness.
Try starting with a slow dose and you may find a sweet spot where you have a positive effect without turning stupid. I would at times forget my train of thought but recover it within a minute, so it still does not make it stupid, but I am on a low dose - currently 27.5 mg.

It comes in tabs of 25 mg which you can halve.

It also comes in sprinkle caps of 15 mg which you open and sprinkle onto one tablespoon of applesauce and eat right away. So by combining them you can titrate up slowly and incrementally:

12.5 mg
15 mg
25 mg
27.5 mg
30 mg
37.5 mg
40 mg
45 mg
50 mg

Research shows that 50 mg was as effective at weight control as higher doses, so my hope is just to slowly climb to 50 mg and stay there.

Angry thoughts - I was wronged (subjectively) in the past by family members and people who claimed that they cared for me. Topamax made thoughts about how these people had wronged me pretty much disappear into the background.

Of course this does not mean that it would do the same for you, but it is worth trying. I deeply regret not trying Topamax earlier.

Zyprexa Zydis 5 mg
Gabapentin 1200 mg
Melatonin 10 mg
Levoxyl 75 mcg (because I took Lithium in the past)

past medications: Depakote, Lamictal, Lithium, Seroquel, Trazodone, Risperdal, Cogentin, Remerol, Prozac, Amitriptyline, Ambien, Lorazepam, Klonopin, Saphris, Trileptal, Clozapine and Clozapine+Wellbutrin, Topamax
AspiringAuthor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
pat86