Accesshoop
Accesshoop has no updates.

5 yr Member
1 hugs
given
Default Jan 26, 2019 at 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by still_crazy View Post
has anyone taken both? the new prescriber at the clinic mentioned lowering the abilify and then a switch to low dose latuda. im wondering...why?!?! i am prone to bad depression, but the abilify takes the agitation component out and it doesn't make the depression worse at my current dose.

so, i dont know. plus, ive been on abilify for a long time because other 'atypicals' triggered eps and/or akathisia. i had a bit of tremor on abilify before i started adding in massive doses of supplements, but...even then, it was easier to tolerate than the other tranquilizers. so, all i could come up with was that abilify's d2 partial agonism is what made it easier to tolerate...not that it was a walk in the park, but it wasn't hell on earth like, say, zyprexa.

ok. thanks. :-)
I believe Latuda has a better reputation to hit depression, at least in BP. I think Abilify tends to do better with the manic-like symptoms and partners well with an AD to hit depressive symptoms. So, maybe the thinking is to reduce the depression. But, asking your prescriber directly about the rationale behind the recommendation is going to be the only way you can really find out.
Accesshoop is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
still_crazy