Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 26, 2019 at 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael W. Harris View Post
Again it is mental health professionals job to heal their patients as fast as possible. Or, if at this time it is not possible to cure the mental illness, then it is the mental health professional's job to improve the quality of life of their patients in any way they can as fast as possible.

The old Freudian psycho-analysis technique of dragging out therapy as long as possible is not acceptable in this modern age. It is actually a business fraud issue which I am trying to educate lawyers about.
I do not think it is helpful to..sorta trivialize this mental health issue by saying that it should be cured as fast as possible or that long term therapy is dragging it out. In fact I am not understanding why you bring up lawyers and legal stuff. Since when do therapists claim they can cure this or other mental health issues? You can treat it but this is usually part of an ongoing process because there are no cures. Maybe you are lucky enough to have remission but usually you need to maintain a regimen of meds/therapy or even just therapy. If you have found the cure please share it.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky