sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

sarahsweets has no updates.

5 yr Member
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 26, 2019 at 05:47 PM

I am not a jealous person but I used to be an envious person and that mostly happened when I was really unhappy with myself. For me I experienced that a lot when I was actively drinking, the alcohol would start out making me happy and loose and it wound up making me angry and bitter. Therapy helped a lot with helping me make peace with myself but after almost dying and losing everything its gratitude that eliminated the envy. I was so luck I stopped drinking and that I was able to. And I am so lucky I didnt lose my family or my life. Once I got through the grueling w/d (because like a fool I went cold turkey when I should have gone to detox) and was able to open my eyes and not have the room spin or be covered in sweat or have my hands shake- I had hope that I could get better. I had hope that I was still alive. That is not to say I am never envious. I think we all have at least one person we can feel envy over. But its so infrequent that I cant even remember when it happened last. Yes, I think its gratefulness that changed the tide for me in that way.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
AspiringAuthor, Blknblu