View Single Post
Anonymous52222

Default Jan 27, 2019 at 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberlym View Post
I just had a job interview two days ago. That's where all this insecurity comes from for myself. I feel like I've been looking for my next job for 3 years now. I worked with one place that shut down, then was eligible for a program to get a degree (IT also I might add), an internship, and now straight up looking for a position in the job market. I know I'm smart, and can do the job. I just don't how to convince anyone to hire me, when I'm so strange. I have to play a role, every time I have an interview.

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of IT position are you seeking?

If the job position is something like a support technician, than I can understand them needing people with better social skills since you're dealing with clients.

Maybe it's worth considering a developer position? If you went with something like a web or software developer than you could probably get by with subpar social skills since you aren't dealing with a lot of people on the job and you can simply build a portfolio to showcase your work (this is especially true for web development) that proves you're able to do the job well without having to convince the person interviewing you with your social skills. Also, if you get really good at resume writing, that might help you further, especially combined with a good portfolio. Maybe then, the interviewer wouldn't need that much convincing at the job interview.

At least, those are the tactics I plan on using to land an entry level web developer position when the time comes.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote