View Single Post
kimberlym

Member Since Jan 2019
Default Jan 27, 2019 at 05:30 AM

@ DarknessIsMyFriend....I hear you. All of you. I can relate to all of the circumstances you have faced yourself, but as a woman. I consider myself to be computer geek, and nerd, but I hate playing games, for myself. This came about when my son was very young, and I used to attempt to play games with him. Jurassic Park for a Nintendo game was where I stopped. And the reason I stopped was because the game, itself, was causing me so much anxiety and distress, that I wondered why I would submit myself to that type of torture. It just wasn't "fun" for me. So, I quit. I quit playing computer games ever. Instead, I started just researching my interests online. And that's still what I do today. I research many things, through many avenues, even my online library, or resources from school as I was taking online classes to finish a degree. If I don't know a particular code from a programming tutorial, I research it until I feel confident that I understand the programming language. But I can't play games, or interact publicly with others online. That's just how I roll. My partner has learned how to be efficient online by playing with others socially in games. We learn from each other. He doesn't have the IT skills I have. And I don't have the social skills that he has processed. So, we communicate our experiences with each other to learn.
kimberlym is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote