View Single Post
kimberlym

Member Since Jan 2019
Default Jan 27, 2019 at 05:48 AM

My IT skills came in the form of an IT: Information Systems degree. It was a a very broad IT degree, including programming, analyst, business and networking technologies. I was most comfortable with the analyst aspect because that was related to my previous 17 years of experience in an ERP environment with SAP. I would do well with programming, but I need so much more education for that. My degree was such a broad overview of everything. In the industries I have previous experience in, I became a supervisor and trainer, working with other people everyday to train them on our ERP software, as well as training them to do a job using our software. I was really good in those areas because I am a patient person, and I never became impatient with other people that needed information. I think that's why I succeeded so long before my place of business shut down. I was always available and attentive to other people. I never treated anyone like they were "stupid" or "ignorant". They could ask me anything, and I would oblige. Coding has become a big business, and there are so many different languages to learn. It's just so expansive. I would be good in that field. I just need so much more education there. What I know is so limited.

Last edited by kimberlym; Jan 27, 2019 at 06:06 AM..
kimberlym is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote