View Single Post
Anonymous55879

Default Jan 27, 2019 at 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Thank you for asking. It went ok he said. He is trying to be very focused with getting his work done. His classes started Tuesday. He already has adhd and has been diagnosed since he was 4 and now with a brain injury its even harder to focus. He had a 4.0 last semester and got incompletes for his classes and has turned in all the makeup work. He has two finals to schedule. I feel like that even if he doesnt do stellar on his finals that his teach.ers will be liberal with their grading because he had straight A's and they know about the stroke. He got A's on the makeup papers. He reached out to his new professors before the semester started to tell them about his situation and that he has a 504 and and talk about accommodations. I am really proud of him. He used to get accommodations for the adhd in high school but he refused to accept help in college to prove he "could do it himself" so I am glad that he is comfortable reaching out.

Its so hard to see him like this. Not that it is so different per se but he feels so different because there is some residual damage and he feels just different personality wise. I cant remember if I mentioned this but his GF of two years broke up with him a month ago. This was actually good because she has her own mental health issues that he was being responsible for and her family was all too happy for him to be in that role. Even though she knew he had to protect his heart and not get stressed she was being selfish and mean. He knew he had to break up with her but the way she broke up with him just wasnt what he expected. Then she has texted him and called him a million times saying she needed help. He finally answered her text and told her that he views the break up as permanent and that she broke up with him and he cant be tossed aside and then picked up because she needed him. Well then she got venomous and spiteful and said she found someone else, he was replaced, blah blah- all the unstable crap you can imagine. Thanks everyone for listening. I am gonna try and keep writing here because I think its good for me.
Didn't see this thread until today. My heart goes out to you. Sounds like your son is making good decisions. With time, I hope he recovers physically and regains mental focus. Be patient--time can mean two years though since he is young, he may heal faster than older stroke patients. What does the doctor say? Or are they afraid to make a prediction? (I think sometimes they avoid saying how much someone will improve because they don't really know!)
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky