View Single Post
LifelongLoner

Member Since Nov 2018
93 hugs
given
Default Jan 27, 2019 at 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarter life View Post
I believe that a large majority of us grow up with a distorted expectation of what life is meant to be like...movies and social media are partly to blame.

But there comes a stage when we must choose to strive forward...use what we have and make the best of it. Finding pastimes that we excel at or would like to excel at is a good place to start. Immersing ourselves in an enjoyable activity will not only get you out and about, but will attract like minded others.
I used to be a tennis player. But, I developed chronic elbow and foot injuries. Recently, I tried playing again but I was so stiff and sore afterwards that the enjoyment dissipated quickly. And, I live in a place where tennis is seasonal and expensive and inconvenient. I really need to a better climate and a place where I can have a car.

I will always have difficulty making and keeping friends. Basically, I was raised to be a parental caretaker. As a child I was not allowed to have friends or playmates. I was kept isolated and given advice like "having friends is not necessary." I was raised to be an adult from the start and had no toys to play with and my parents did not spend a lot of time with me either. I was just alone and never learned how to play and did not bond with anyone. Mom was cold; she once told me she did not believe in hugs. She never hugged her kids but she yelled and cursed at us a lot. Further, my inept parents missed the deadline to register me for kindergarten so they put me in first grade instead. My entire education life I was younger than everyone else and the shortest kid in my class who also had a funny name and was gay. I did not fit in. Then, I was sent to an all boys Catholic high school in the hope that would straighten me out. And, also bullied by my mom - her way of trying to alter my sexuality - because she thought I was gay to embarrass her. The result was that I have no school friends from either grade or high school (or college for that matter). Years and years of therapy did not help. I have been bullied on every job that I've had including my current one and suffer from CPSD and heart disease. Lately, I am at my wits end. I think I may have to move out of the USA. There is no place for me here.
LifelongLoner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky