View Single Post
Anonymous52222

Default Jan 27, 2019 at 02:26 PM

I second Rose76's previous comment regarding just letting accounts go into collections.

I've done exactly that before. I lived without a verifiable income for most of my life so they wouldn't have been able to sue me if they wanted. Now that I'm a student and have a federal work study job (that pays crap BTW), if I were sued and had my paycheck garnished (IDK if they can even do that since my job is part of my financial aid), I would just quit the job and go back to donating plasma or trading MMORPG currency for bitcoin like I used to do which they wouldn't be able to detect and take.

I say this only because I may be faced with a similar situation in the upcoming months. I've got myself into a bit of a nasty cycle because I struggle with school due to my mental health so I've taken lots of time off work because it's a struggle for me to cope emotionally with 4 classes and a job. As a result, I ended up having to live on credit cards during the end of a semester and last summer (because I decided to take an 8 week math class which I could NOT handle with a job). I then had to take a student loan to pay off my credit card debt. Of course, I finally learned from my mistakes and dropped my courseload down, but the damage is done.

I currently have 3 credit cards. The only card I'll go out of my way to pay is the Capitol One card because they will upgrade your card automatically every 5 months without considering your credit history IF you make your monthly payments on time every month. The other 2 cards are garbage with their high annual fees and the fact that they won't give you automatic increases means I'm not going to go out of my way to pay them over let's say using the money to improve my life in some other way.

Besides, in 10-15 more months, I could get a $6000 limit out of my Capitol One card which is the most credit I'll ever need in my life, considering I don't intend to ever get a mortgage or a big fancy car loan.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Rose76