View Single Post
Anonymous52222

Default Jan 27, 2019 at 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltiemom2007 View Post
AI in medical diagnosis has not been validated. In psychiatry it is especially dubious since people's symptoms change and drug combinations are unique to individuals and moments in time. You might be able to treat high blood pressure mechanically, but there are many diagnoses, psychiatric included, that require a human ear, sensitivity, and insight. AI gives none of that. Careful what you wish for. You may end up very, very, sorry.

Agreed.

I still think that AI, no matter how advanced or intelligent it becomes, will still fall short in some aspects.

For example, a robot may learn to mimic human emotions but a robot would never have genuine feelings like a human does. Also, a robot may be able to think only logically, but it would never be able to process or understand emotions like a human can.

To make matters simple, a robot could have an inhumanly high IQ, but a really low EQ. Not everything can be understood by pure logic alone. Emotional intelligence is just as important.

So when we get to the point where AI becomes that advanced, the only logical thing for us humans would be to merge with them. Brain implants to augment our human intelligence with AI would bring out the best in both worlds and build the ultimate human. When I made my post about humanity evolving into a race of demigods, merging with AI is how I will see such a feat being accomplished.

When/if such a scenario came to fruition, we would still have plenty of human doctors, scientists, engineers, ETC. These humans would simply be augmented to interface with AI.

Our next stage of evolution is through our technology, not through millions of years of natural selection. I for one, am excited.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote