View Single Post
koru_kiwi
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2011
1,231 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 28, 2019 at 04:07 AM

thanks for the update! i enjoyed reading it glad you got your system all set up and have had opportunities to use it.

i also have a two channel unit and have been able to do everything i have needed with it. it's the Thought Technologies ProCompII and i use their BioGraph Infinity software with it. it has some simple games, like making objects move, and also a lot of fractal or image changing games that have accompanying music/sounds with it. i prefer the changing fractals games the most, they are quite relaxing for me and feel less frustrating.

i too started with placement at C4-A1. it seems to be a good starting point and a good place to return to if you ever feel a new protocol is not working well for you. if i recall right, for me, working at C4 seemed to help ease my sleep issues (waking in the middle of the night often with a racing mind and getting maybe 4 hours total of sleep). it was amazing as my sleep started to improve because it helped to ease some of my depression as my 'spirits' began lifting.

in regards to the ear clips (which do start to feel a bit uncomfortable after a while), i started using a small 1/4 cut piece of round cotton pad (the disposable ones for removing nail polish or makeup) and place that between the ear and the the side of the clip without the metal contact. for me, the extra padding against my ear lobe seemed to help ease that pinching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guilloche View Post
My neck was weirdly a little sore, and my earlobes hurt from the electrodes (I think I can fix this by moving them to the tops of my ears). But, after training, I laid down... and my body, everything below my neck, felt SO relaxed. It's not as noticeable standing up and moving around, but it was like that kind of relaxed you feeling you get after a massage. So that was nice.
are you still having issues with stiffness in your neck? IIRC, from Seberns book, this is a sign of over stimulation and you may be training at too high of a frequency and/or for too long.

after a NFB session, i often will feel incredibly relaxed and sometimes sleepy. like you said, it does feel similar to how you feel after a relaxing body message.

i don't require to use my equipment as frequently anymore. i have done some brief 'top up' sessions a few times when i felt like was in a 'funk', but the last time i did that was probably over 6 months ago. anymore, i tend to use it for alpha/theta training, which i do lying down, eyes closed for about 45 min to an hour. it helps to get me into a meditative state (it's a state where you are kind of cat napping and semi-dreaming/thinking at the same time, just before falling into a full sleep). i really enjoy being in this state because i have had good success at using it to help me process any daily stresses that may be preoccupying my mind and it has helped me further process some of my trauma memories and the accompanying emotions. after an alpha/theta session, my husband will sit with me (usually cuddling or holding me) and he encourages me to discuss things that may have come up for me in the session. i have found that being able to discuss things that may have come up during the session and having that safe physical holding to be incredibly beneficial for fully processing or perhaps integrating some of the memories and emotions.

i'm very excited to hear some more about your progress in the future. also, don't hesitate to send a PM if you ever have a question or need some feedback. that way i may see your message sooner and be able to respond quicker
koru_kiwi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
guilloche