8 yr Member
1,274 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 28, 2019 at 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypts_Of_The_Mind View Post
Here are my thoughts:

1. This affects both the mother and father so if the father does not want a child (or she is unsure he will) she needs to be certain she can and will be able to take care of the child alone if needed before even taking on this endeavor.

2. If she is unsure she will want to carry it full term, I would not reccommend becoming pregnant herself, but she has 2 other options.
A) wait a little time and try to figure out where her phobia comes from.and how to resolve and/or assuage it
B) get a surrogate to carry the child. If she does this she will need to be sure the surrogate is able to detach herself from the child once born, or perhaps reach an agreement by which it would be agreeable to allow the surrogate visitation or pictures.

3. So, if she is unsure she either wants this baby or can care for this baby or can carry this baby (at least to third trimester, then she can safely have a c-sectiom and baby put in NICU and most will survive now), she should not become physically pregnant

4 As I stated above, if she does make it to 3rd trimester and wants it out, get a C-section, not abortion, and the will be put in NICU (neonatal intensive care unit). If she has a psychologist exam her to verify she is having extreme issues with the baby being inside her and may harm either the baby or herself if it is not removed, this should not be a problem. She will need to make sure it is noted she is not harmful to anyone after the removal of the child, that this is due only to a phobia, not an on-going disorder.
It’s unfair to unborn child to be delivered early via C-section and be placed into NICU and potentially have health complications because mother is afraid of pregnancy. C-section before 39 weeks could still result in complications for a child. In addition it would be rather difficult to convince doctors to perform early C-section under the circumstances. Overall when becoming pregnant it’s wise to consider your unborn child’s interest, not just your own. “Just wing it” and endanger your child is extremely selfish.

I do like all your other suggestions such as surrogacy, wait longer, or not have children at all. I hope this lady thinks it all through before considering pregnancy
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Crypts_Of_The_Mind, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky