Inner Space Traveler

Member Since May 2014
8,141 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 28, 2019 at 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parva View Post
I'd rather just get a ****ing apology from my therapist. You know, while she continues on in her wonderful, high profile career.

Sorry about that. I would have to think about what the goals were for talking with other victims.
Yes, I agree. A heartfelt apology from the therapist would go a long way. But he will never admit what he did in a million years. We tried having a mediation after the dust had settled but his lawyer replied something like ..no, because it wouldn’t end up in my best interest...as if he *ever* really cared about my best interest.

I’m not clear on why I want to talk to other victims. We weren’t allowed to talk to each other at the time. I think I would be looking for similarities in our experiences, new insights, seeing him from a different point of view...

I would want to know why, out of seven of us (or more), only three cooperated with the medical board.

He was arrested but never criminally prosecuted, and I don’t know why?
I want to know if the last victim decided not to cooperate with the police to prosecute him after his arrest..or if she knows why he was never prosecuted after his arrest.

I want to know if there are more than seven of us.

There are probably other reasons.

I’m angry. At the time, I remember feeling shocked, scared, out of control, exhausted. I hadn’t had the opportunity to look at the entire scope of what happened and express anger about it. I wasn’t allowed to talk to him at his deposition. I have never been in a place where I have been able to let him know how angry I am.

In the beginning, I thought he had just made a mistake with me and I felt ambivilant. Knowing what I know now, I see he acted purposefully. I was a ‘mark.’ And I’m very angry that he chose to get his needs met by damaging me, my family and all the secondary victims in my circle...and trying to make it *my* fault. The damage he caused has lasted for years.

I’m curious how his other victims have handled the damage..or if they haven’t.

Last edited by precaryous; Jan 28, 2019 at 10:50 AM..
precaryous is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote