View Single Post
thenewexperience

Member Since Jan 2019
1 hugs
given
Default Jan 28, 2019 at 11:38 AM

Hi there,

I'm a 43 year old male and I was recently diagnosed with bipolar 2. I'm come to grips with the diagnosis, it is what it is, right?

My challenge is the meds that I'm taking, particularly carbamazepine I believe. It has a done a number on my brain. I was previously diagnosed with ADD and dextroamphetamine was prescribed for that. It was helping me throughout the day, but now it only works for a one-two hour period and then I am back to this extreme brain fog. I can seemingly only do one thing at a time, multi tasking is a thing of the past. My memory is shot, and in order for me to take any sort of direction it needs to be written down for me.

I'm extremely depressed by this, and when I get depressed by other things, I can't use any sort of logic to work it out, because my ability to call up things in my head are gone. Frankly it's very depressing, and not the clinical type of depression I've been used to. This is 100 percent situational.

Does anybody have any advice on how to get through this? I've been taking carbamazepine for 2 months, latuda for 1.5 months. I read that I'm not even supposed to be taking these two together, but my doc said it was ok. Anyway I'm at a loss. Any help you can give is great.

300 mg carbamazepine
60 mg latuda
20 mg dextroamphetamine
thenewexperience is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
Skeezyks