View Single Post
pat86

Member Since Apr 2018
Default Jan 28, 2019 at 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum801 View Post
In my own experience, I have found meditation to be helpful with that kind of thing. It's not only the practice of meditation that helps for me, but it's the mentality that I am not defined by my thoughts that kind of helps ease things up as well. I've had lots of obsessive thoughts lately and to be honest, I don't know if there's a pharmacological intervention that would be successful in treating that or not, for myself, at least. It goes without saying that if there is a method of helping these thoughts with medication, then go for it. For me, I am already on four psychiatric medications, so adding another one or increasing the dose would be kind of foolish. That doesn't mean it couldn't help for you, though, to add another medication or up the dose of one of your meds. I feel like it's very person-specific what meds will help with different things. So I can't recommend a med in particular. Are there ways you can dampen down these thoughts without meds? I am just wondering because sometimes that's the best solution if things aren't quite to the level where they're completely unbearable. I hope you get some relief from these thoughts.
nah not really I have tried meditation and CBT and they don't really work for me.

Also I feel its a chemical imbalance problem that needs to be addressed and it seems to be that many people who are bi polar or bipolar and adhd have this racing thoughts problem.

Meds have shown to be the only consist-ant solution
pat86 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote