Mopey remove

5 yr Member
1,520 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 28, 2019 at 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieVale View Post
I dont know if this is the correct section to post re wanting to change Shrinks.

This is the first time in two or so years that i have posted anything. My problem among everything else is that I have been seeing a therapist for 4 or so years now.

I think he is actually doing me more harm than good. He dosent take me seriously, he dismisses or cuts me off mid sentence not allowing me to express my concerns. I dont know, maybe im expecting too much of him? All i know is that i have this gut instinct that he isn't caring or empathetic . Not once, or at least since I can remember have I ever left his rooms and gained any insight or learned how to deal with my problems.

Whenever I say something and he doesnt know what to say he changes the subject and asks me something totally unrelated to what to say. I could be in the middle of explain something which i feel is important, what he does is discuss the weather, or just say something downright stupid.

Honestly i feel like im banging my head a against a brick wall and if anything I think he actually makes me feel worse. Its as though he has pigeon holed me in the too hard basket. In just wondering is anyone else has felt this way and if so how do you move and find another therapist.

Hows this for an arrogant self centered prick. One time i happened to come across a medical site where people can write a review regarding any doctor. I remember this one time we were looking something up on his computer and i said try this site. He was surprised and wasn't aware of this site.

That was back in approx August last year. He had no reviews back then, Now all of a sudden he has something like 12 reviews posted. Most of them glowing and then of course there are a few reviews which are not so positive.ones to make it seem genuine. The site is called RateMDs

Let me post a few reviews and please let me know if these reviews sound legit.

Dr Xis the best psychiatrist I have met so far. He very competent and a great listener he works with me to solve problems resulting from my bipolar disorder. He has also helped me cope with a certain govt dept. He is a really nice person and always very positive and caring

Another one....
The reason I think Dr X is an excellent psychiatrist is because he is humanistic in his approach, he does not label you in the first session, he is thorough and very comprehensive in his assessment/s. He does not load you with medication and takes a very conservative approach when prescribing drugs. I found him open to debatable discourse and at times we agreed to disagree and i appreciated his broad knowledge base.

Humanistic?
How common is that word?
That's shrink lingo not patient lingo.
Please correct me if im wrong .

This is the meaning of the word Humanistic
The humanistic approach in psychology developed as a rebellion against what some psychologists saw as the limitations of the behaviorist and psycho dynamic psychology. The humanistic approach is thus often called the “third force” in psychology after psychoanalysis and behaviorism (Maslow, 1968).

Another one....
Dr X restored my faith in psychiatrists. After some very negative experiences with some very under developed banal psychiatrist, it was a life changing experience to finally be treated with respect and understanding by a highly knowledgeable, insightful psychiatrist. He was always available and supportive. I would have no hesitation in recommending him for anyone who is genuinely suffering any form of mental or emotional distress.

And another
Dr X is one of the few psychiatrist i believe is genuine and not giving a government dept only what they want to hear. He puts all those guns for hire to shame. He is a person of high integrity and gives a balanced view and report.

Anyway i think you get the general idea.,
Am i correct in assuming that he wrote them himself?
O.M.G.
Mopey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
LizzieVale