View Single Post
DazedandConfused254

Member Since Jul 2017
333 hugs
given
Default Jan 28, 2019 at 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessIsMyFriend View Post
Mental health diagnosis shouldn't define you, nor should it matter if you are something that society considers "weird" or "different". You are you and nobody has the right to judge or condemn you for being what you are.
This rocks Darkness thanks for sharing it! To go off of this helpful and encouraging part of the response we all have our own quirks and eccentricities as well as our own collection of personal characteristics that make us unique. If it wasn't for these differences the world would be a pretty boring place!

To the OP though, before getting a diagnosis of any sorts it is best to research each one through books, forums like these, or support groups related to specific conditions before going to your GP or psychiatrist/psychologist in hopes to determine the condition that best matches your symptoms. In a similar manner to what I said in my first point, it is best to apply those medical labels (either describing yourself or what your doc diagnoses) with a bit of discernment because it is easy to fall into the trap of using a condition as a universal explanation for any shortcomings or subtle differences in personalities which are common in some degree or another in the general population.

Hope this helps!

"If you can dream it you can do it!" ~ Walt Disney
DazedandConfused254 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote