Veteran Member
AspiringAuthor has no updates.

5 yr Member
374 hugs
given
Default Jan 30, 2019 at 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat86 View Post
All those other medications you have tried in the past that are listed in your signature did not help you with racing thoughts and anger?

what did depokate do?
I have a paradoxical response to Depakote.

If I take it with something else antimanic, say Lithium, it overdoes antimanic action. If I take it alone or with Seroquel, it makes me super creative in the culinary realm, super appreciative of the aesthetic side of culinary arts and also of tastes, which makes me want to cook festive dishes, serve them, but also eat them myself, and when I first took Depakote completely solo it even caused a very interesting, creative hallucination. This is not a typical response to Depakote.

Depakote also causes extreme weight gain, low platelet count, and at higher doses hand tremor, so I would not be able to tolerate it anyway.

I had medications that stopped racing thoughts - take Clozapine for example - but they overdid it. It is hard to find a sweet spot for me.

I learned to tolerate Topamax by reducing the dose, titrating up very slowly, and drinking copious quantities of liquid.

Thanks for asking!

Zyprexa Zydis 5 mg
Gabapentin 1200 mg
Melatonin 10 mg
Levoxyl 75 mcg (because I took Lithium in the past)

past medications: Depakote, Lamictal, Lithium, Seroquel, Trazodone, Risperdal, Cogentin, Remerol, Prozac, Amitriptyline, Ambien, Lorazepam, Klonopin, Saphris, Trileptal, Clozapine and Clozapine+Wellbutrin, Topamax
AspiringAuthor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote