Member Since Oct 2011
1,231 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 30, 2019 at 03:21 AM

apologies, i only have a moment for a quick response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by guilloche View Post

When you did C4-A1, do you happen to remember how long you trained for at a time? They've got me starting with ~20 minutes, but said that they'd eventually bump it up to 30 (after they see how I react).
this is what i did too...started doing it for 20 mins and then eventually increased the time to 30 mins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guilloche View Post
Your alpha-theta training sounds so much better than anything I've heard about it! But, you're really lucky to have that support from your husband! I'm on my own, so no one to help out here, but that sounds like such a nice way to do it! I think it will be awhile before I can get to the point of even thinking about AT training though... my brain definitely does not feel very stable or well-regulated at the moment!
agreed, i didn't first start doing A/T training until i had addressed many of my truama symptoms and knew that i was more stable and regulated. it was about after four months after starting NFB that i started doing A/T training. perhaps journaling after doing A/T training could be helpful for processing too. also, not sure if you are still seeing a talk T, but at that time when i first started doing NFB, i was still seeing my talk T and i would also discuss some of the things that had come up from doing A/T training in my therapy sessions, especially if i still needed some help in processing them.
koru_kiwi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote