View Single Post
Michael W. Harris

Member Since Nov 2016
130 hugs
given
Default Jan 30, 2019 at 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I do not think it is helpful to..sorta trivialize this mental health issue by saying that it should be cured as fast as possible or that long term therapy is dragging it out. In fact I am not understanding why you bring up lawyers and legal stuff. Since when do therapists claim they can cure this or other mental health issues? You can treat it but this is usually part of an ongoing process because there are no cures. Maybe you are lucky enough to have remission but usually you need to maintain a regimen of meds/therapy or even just therapy. If you have found the cure please share it.
I started seeking treatment for my mental health problems after a divorce in 1991. All the psychologists and psychiatrists that I paid had good bed-side manner. They were very polite. They totally disrespected me as a human, individual, and person with two engineering degrees.

Even after I had read all the books on dissociative disorders and even paid ten thousand dollars, out of pocket, to stay in the Charter Clinic in Plano, Texas for a week, most mental health professionals totally refused to talk to me about this mental illness. (I had been told by Dr. Colin Ross's staff/nurses that he was not taking anymore patients. They said he was helping the Charter set up a program for treating dissociative disorders. I mistakenly thought he would be involved in the treatment. These highly paid mental health professionals never talked to me about the abuses/trauma that I experienced during my childhood!!!! That is the etiology of the mental illness! You say that these people are not trying to drag treatment out.)

No. Legal oversight is extremely necessary to fix the mental health system. I do not care if it is prosecutions or law suits, but legal oversight is needed.

Some people are on disability for mental health problems. I understand that talking about cures terrifies these people. I never wanted disability. I wanted to be able to work and have a significant other without the affects of this mental illness.
Michael W. Harris is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky