View Single Post
Anonymous40258

Default Jan 30, 2019 at 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessIsMyFriend View Post
Agreed.

I still think that AI, no matter how advanced or intelligent it becomes, will still fall short in some aspects.

For example, a robot may learn to mimic human emotions but a robot would never have genuine feelings like a human does. Also, a robot may be able to think only logically, but it would never be able to process or understand emotions like a human can.

To make matters simple, a robot could have an inhumanly high IQ, but a really low EQ. Not everything can be understood by pure logic alone. Emotional intelligence is just as important.
i think there is an argument here, that logic encapsulates emotion in a form of calculated consideration. In being a robot, one is programmed to perform a specific task, rationally inept to vary from this pattern, true to itself in every way. therefore encompassing both EQ and IQ at the peak of perfection.

Quote:
So when we get to the point where AI becomes that advanced, the only logical thing for us humans would be to merge with them. Brain implants to augment our human intelligence with AI would bring out the best in both worlds and build the ultimate human. When I made my post about humanity evolving into a race of demigods, merging with AI is how I will see such a feat being accomplished.

When/if such a scenario came to fruition, we would still have plenty of human doctors, scientists, engineers, ETC. These humans would simply be augmented to interface with AI.

Our next stage of evolution is through our technology, not through millions of years of natural selection. I for one, am excited.
I think there is a third kind of intelligence that is being described here. Intuition? Sanity maybe.

Because humanity thrives on competition we will have no choice but to merge ourselves, human or other, to keep up with challenges and practical adversity. Minding our best and worst selves are both god-like and post demigod traits, striving for what is in our reach will always be the natural way. We only mirror ourselves when we are forced to suffer and want or need something unobtainable. Within our own achievements, all is obtainable, but wanting, needing, earning and searching is often lost within emotional boundaries and lack there-of demanding. Clearly, humans and robots would battle only to maintain their existence and to build a better world for themselves, knowing no bounds in numbers. I agree merging is unavoidable, but is is not unlike the underdog (robot, human alike) to stand strong for those who can not.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote