View Single Post
Betty_Banana
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2011
314 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 30, 2019 at 12:58 PM

amandalouise,this article goes against what you have been sharing here about integration.It goes against my experiences and what I think/believe also.

There's No Cure for Dissociative Identity Disorder | HealthyPlace

It says it cannot be cured.As a matter of fact it says this:

Quote:
I realize there are still people out there who think the integration of alters is a cure for DID, but it's not. You can process all of your trauma, and integrate all of your parts, but that doesn't make you cured. Even in recovery, there will always be risk. Your brain will be wired to respond with dissociation. You will still be at increased risk for creating alters if more trauma occurs

Don't think that integration is the magic cure. Don't follow a treatment just because someone thinks it is the best choice. Be realistic. Do what is best for you. There are many roads that can be taken, but none of them will lead you to a cure
I do consider myself cured from DID.I no longer even have the diagnosis.I do have other issues and struggles but DID is not one of them anymore.I don't feel it's in remission,I feel and believe I have been cured.

Do you consider yourself "cured"? If I am using the term cured incorrectly please let me know.I feel this article is wrong is telling people they can't recover or be healed.
Betty_Banana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
amandalouise, MickeyCheeky