Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 30, 2019 at 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty_Banana View Post
Do you consider yourself "cured"? If I am using the term cured incorrectly please let me know.I feel this article is wrong is telling people they can't recover or be healed.
yes my treatment providers and I consider my DID to be cured/ no longer/ never will be again. or any other phrasing.

in short here in america to legally be called DID. legally be diagnosed DID a person must fit the diagnostic criteira ...

Dissociative Identity Disorder 300.14 (F44.81)

A. Disruption of identity characterized by two or more distinct personality states which may be described in some cultures as an experience of possession. The disruption in identity involves marked discontinuity in sense of self and sense of agency, accompanied by related alterations in affect, behavior, consciousness, memory, perception, cognition, and or sensory-motor functioning. These signs and symptoms may be observed by others or reported by the individual.

B. Recurrent gaps in the recall of every day events, important personal information, and or traumatic events that are inconstant with ordinary forgetting.

C the symptoms cause clinical significant distress or impairment in social, occupational or other important areas of functioning.

D. The disturbance is not a normal part of a broadly accepted cultural or religious practice.

Note in children the symptoms are not better explained by imaginary playmates or other fantasy play.

E. The Symptoms are not attributable to the physiological effects of a substance (e.g. Blackouts or chaotic behavior during alcohol intoxication) or another medical condition (e.g. complex partial seizures)

along with this diagnostic criteria are 5 pages that go into more detail in categories of diagnostic features that explains the above diagnostics in more detail, Associated features supporting diagnosis, the statistical prevalence of the disorder, the development and course of the disorder, Risk and Prognosis Factors, Culture Related Diagnostic Issues, Suicide Risks and the Functional consequences of this disorder. The DSM 5 also addresses Differential Diagnosis (other dissociative disorders that share the same symptoms) and Comorbidity (having more than one diagnosis)

all my dissociative type alternate personalities have been integrated. and I no longer fit any of the diagnostics for having DID.

my diagnosis has been down graded to OSDD - macropsia and other OSDD disorder labeling.

here in america when one no longer fits the diagnostic criteria for a mental disorder they are considered healed/ cured. no longer having that mental disorder. this was a change put into place in 2013 due to many people thought they had a whole listing of mental disorders when in fact their present mental disorder listings did not include what they had previously been diagnosed.

this change is also why people with mental disorders have to now go through periodic assessments and re evaluations. so that their treatment providers can make changes to their files of what their actual present mental disorder diagnosis's are.

a person can find out whether they are still considered to be DID by talking with their treatment providers and going through diagnostic testing.

again since I no longer fit the diagnostic criteria for DID by legal and ethical standards I am considered cured / healed / no longer have and never will again have DID.
amandalouise is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Betty_Banana, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
Betty_Banana, MickeyCheeky