View Single Post
rutro

Member Since Mar 2017
Default Jan 30, 2019 at 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Hi I am so glad you shared this! My husband just had the injection part pre-ablation and in 2 weeks he goes again. He has horrible back pain that kinda started in the lower back close to the hip from arthritis. He is only 45 so it struck him hard that he had arthritis. Do you think that even though it only lasted a year that it relieved the pain? His doctor is hoping he gets 5 years out of it. He has been seeing this doctor for over a year now and had been given trammadol which I am sure you know does nothing for the severe back pain- at least it didnt for him. He went through the hoops of weight loss(he was only 15lbs overweight) and PT which made him hurt more. I am still trying to understand why doctors prescribe PT when it hurts so much but he did it. Finally before the first procedure the doctor gave him some percocet which, despite the hype around how awful it is really really helps.

From your description of his problem I'm led to think it may be sciatica. That is nerve pain in the 10th degree. Nothing helps. Except perhaps surgery. My first time was a simple matter of removing the disc material that was impinging on the nerve for my left leg. I had burning pain down my buttock and hip then on down my left leg. I was dragging my left leg around for almost a year before I said enough. Went to the hospital one day, surgery the next, walked out the day after pain free....
rutro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote