View Single Post
Anonymous47864
Anonymous47864 has no updates. Edit

Default Jan 31, 2019 at 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowinners View Post
No. His new position on the subject is that he will only go to therapy as a family (his dad, sister and I go). I told him I would go with him but doubt I could convince his father (which is true--his father's position is that we were great parents). His sister wouldn't be willing to go either.

Both he and his sister believe in the views of Mad in America - Science, Psychiatry and Social Justice. They believe that I currently need psych drugs only because my body became dependent on them because the original prescription put my brain "out of balance". So he is very leery of being treated by any mental health professional.

The thing is, the fact that he wants to "fix" all of us is a symptom of his problem. Having anxiety/wanting to control things that he cannot control rather than letting it be and just concentrating on his own life.

That’s the way things seem to be these days. Everybody else needs to be fixed rather than the individual. I can say I spent many years with the same attitude and eventually it all came to bite me really hard on the butt. Life has a way of doing that. I hope things are getting a bit better at least. [emoji3590]
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous55879