View Single Post
Anonymous47864

Default Jan 31, 2019 at 10:30 AM

Hi there. I can totally and completely relate to all of this. My daughter did the same thing. Ran away at 16 and then left again for good at age 17, right before her 18th birthday. She left the state and the first time we drove nine hours to go get her back but the second time we couldn’t get her back because she turned 18 days after leaving. She spent two years not working and on drugs. She finally got a job but the partying lifestyle never really stopped. Everything you wrote here is what we experienced. More than 10 years later she has never apologized and continues to put up a wall and blame me for everything. She continues to expect that I should be financially doing much more for her all these years later. She holds a grudge against me that she has struggled but not once did she make an effort to truly help herself and I couldn’t afford to just support her and pay off all her debts... I would have done everything I could to help her if she went to college or a trade school but I didn’t see that I should support her partying lifestyle while I was working a second job just to get ahead myself. It’s a very painful thing to go through. My heart was broken and I have never been the same since. Every situation is different and hopefully your daughter comes around. I did the best I could but I know I made plenty of mistakes. Feel free to PM me anytime. I definitely understand what you’re feeling and going through. [emoji3590]
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
Bill3, MickeyCheeky, sarahsweets